Titanium clad steel plate is produced by explosion composite or explosion-rolling composite, both excellent performance and low cost.
Explosive composite production, its common clad steel plate quality problems are mainly after the explosion is not laminated, bonding rate is not enough, bonding strength is not enough, titanium layer and steel layer local surface defects such as pits, cracks, etc.
Explosion does not fit the problem, mainly due to improper selection of explosion process parameters, the number of explosives and appropriate gap selection is not appropriate will cause a large number of explosions do not fit or gap in the gas is not completely discharged resulting in local hollow drum; especially after annealing heat treatment due to gas expansion by heat will make the compound layer bulge to form a local bulge phenomenon.
Combination strength of the problem is not high, mainly explosion welding parameters are not appropriate, such as a smaller amount of explosives, the gap is small, or large areas of melting and other factors caused.
Large area melting problem, mainly due to the gas that can not be discharged in time to be wrapped in the bonding interface, and subsequently caused by adiabatic compression under high pressure. It can be found after prying open the compound layer and substrate, which is the phenomenon of false lamination.
1. adhere to the incoming material re-inspection system, the bonding condition of the composite plate should be non-destructive testing sheet by sheet. The focus is on the edge of the plate, the burst point and other areas. Can carry out 100% UT + 100% PT inspection.
2. The mechanical properties of the composite plate are rechecked sheet by sheet to verify the shear properties after annealing to prevent defects in subsequent production. Also conduct face-back bending test to verify the bonding performance.
3. When bending operation is required for composite plates such as coils and stamped heads, the edge bonding of titanium clad steel plates should be stripped cleanly, and when the temperature is low, it should be heated to a certain temperature before bending to prevent edge cracking.
4. When planing bevel, drilling pipe hole operation, the undercutting and drilling operation should be processed from titanium layer to steel layer as far as possible to prevent tearing or forming cracks on the composite plate.
5. For the clad steel plate surface micro-crack must be clean defects before patch welding. For small cracks can be used to directly fill the welding method.
6. For the inspection process found in the non-adhesive, if the area is large must replace the material, if the area is small, can be used to remedy, with the non-union area with titanium screws for reinforcement. First treatment before the subsequent operation.